About Tube Bending Technology
Since its founding in 1959, Tube Bending Technology has been an industry leader in manufacturing tubing assemblies, components, and ducts for the aerospace, defense, semiconductor, and space industries.
Operating from a state-of-the-art, 36,000-square-foot manufacturing facility located in Southern California, we continuously evaluate and improve our in-house capabilities and operating efficiency to ensure that we can deliver complex production parts on-time and with outstanding quality.
Our legacy in aerospace and defense has contributed to our dedication to high-quality standards and exceptional reliability. Today, we are a trusted supplier and manufacturing partner to many of the largest OEM’s and Tier I suppliers in the aerospace and defense industries.
By having tube bending, machining, welding, and brazing capabilities all under one roof, we are able to deliver complex parts at an outstanding value.
- The company was founded in the 1960s by the late Don Windust and continued to develop its technology and capabilities throughout the 1970s
- In the 1980s, Tube Bending Technology worked with Parker and Rockwell on B-1 Bomber parts and expanded its capabilities
- By the 1990s, TBT had developed a relationship with Hughes Space and Communication, with whom they developed various parts
- In the 2000s, TBT continued to build and expand its relationship with Boeing Satellite Systems
- Implemented ISO 9001
- Took delivery of first CNC tube bender (1.5″ CSM)
- Doubled facility size to take on first major medical customer
- Set up in-house welding
- Added CMM tube measurement (first multisystem CMM arm)
- Took delivery of 3″ OD bender (CSM)
- Delivered second CNC tube bender (3/4″ CSM)
- Implemented AS 9100
- Moved location to new 10,000 sq ft. facility in Apple Valley, CA
- Added an additional CNC (1.5″ Alpine)
- Added second CMM tube measuring machine
- Implemented NADCAP welding
- Added first CNC milling machine for a major medical customer
- Added 12,000 square feet to our facility
- Expanded to full CNC machine shop capabilities
- Included CMM inspection (Zeiss)
- Procured Accurex™ digital inspection system
- Deployed two 5-Axis CNCs
- Obtained right hand/left hand electric tube bender
- Procured digital optical comparator
- Obtained PLC – Hydraulic Pneumatic High-pressure Tester